The Junior Knights Dance Team is the junior dance team for Rutgers University. The team consists of dancers from ages 8-18 and perform in front of tens of thousands of fans at High Point Solutions Stadium.
We are so excited for our inaugural game this Saturday, 9/27 against Tulane. The game starts at 12 p.m. However, please remember to arrive very early. As Andy stated, the lots open up 5 hours before the game begins.
Here are some important details to remember for game day:
1. Dancers do NOT have to wear the shirts that are part of the uniform. These are for basketball season. Dancers should wear the JKDT Rutgers red shirts that they wore to NYC for the movie shoot or for the play we saw in Philadelphia. If you do not have one of these shirts, please wear a Rutgers red shirt under the uniform.
2. Please do NOT put anything in the dancer’s hair that may fly out. No bows or ornaments. Hair can fly like the pros. Make-up is fine but do not overdo. No face painting.
3. Make sure your child has both warm up pieces on and SOLID BLACK FOOTWEAR (with black no-show socks) when she reports to us at the end of first quarter.
4. Make sure dancers go to the bathroom BEFORE being dropped off.
5. Please have one parent/guardian bring your child to the drop-off location at the end of the first quarter. Drop-off is at North Gate C which is between sections 114 & 115.
6. IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PERFOMANCE PLEASE HAVE ONE ADULT PARENT/GUARDIAN CLAIM YOUR DANCER AT THE DROP-OFF LOCATION. ALL DANCERS MUST BE CLAIMED NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES AFTER WE HAVE BROUGHT THEM BACK TO THE DROP-OFF POINT.
***Just a reminder that Rutgers loves to see their fans in scarlet red, so all those attending may want to consider this. We’d especially love to see you wearing our JKDT Rutgers t-shirts.***
Below is information for driving directions and parking:
The Orange Lot is the RAC (Rutgers Athletic Center) and the only place people can park the day of. Rutgers does not allow anyone to be dropped off at the stadium since the roads are closed and blocked by Homeland security.
The RAC parking is $20 day of and has a handicap shuttle and regular shuttle that will take you to/from the Stadium.
The lots open up 5 hours prior to the game.
Here is a link for the parking directions. Below is a map of the area.
Congratulations to each of you as you make history as the first-ever collegiate-level junior dance team! In addition, you're doing this at Rutgers University, the birthplace of college football during their very first year as members of the B1G Ten Conference. The 2014-15 Junior Knights Dance Team will certainly be going down in history and will never be forgotten. We are so proud of each and every one you. You've worked hard! Remember though that practice makes perfect so please practice, practice, practice every day!
See you all Saturday!
Your JKDT Staff